Jingle All The Way
Happy Holidays !! Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is less that 3 weeks away, where did the time go? I love making little things to give to my friends when we go to lunch around the holidays.
I was surfing Etsy and came across a Jingle All The Way shadow box with a big price tag, $25.00 with $11.26 shipping, WOW!!!! I fell in love with it, and thought I would try and make something similar and a lot cheaper, so off to the dollar tree I went. I found 4″ x 5″ shadow boxes (the ones on Etsy were 9″ x 9″), bells and I had everything else at home.
What you will need:
- Shadow Box (Dollar Tree)
- Jingle Bells (Dollar Tree small)
- Nail Polish Remover
- Sheet Music (or any patterned paper)
- Decal, stencil, glass pen or hand make with cameo
Let’s get started:
- The dollar tree shadow box has wording on it, so you will need to remove it. This was a challenge, wouldn’t scrape off, or rub off with nail polish remover, so I put a nail polish remover soaked paper towel on the words and checked every 5 minutes. It took 30 minutes to soften, so I could scrape it off. I was beginning to think the words would never come off. After I removed the wording, I cleaned the glass with glass cleaner and made sure the glass was completely dried before moving on.
- Cover the picture side of the shadow box with paper of your choice. I collect old sheet music books for crafting, but you can use anything that you would like. Sheet music is also available online, for free, if you have a printer.
- Put your bells between the glass and the frame picture and adjust to the amount that looks good to you, I filled to about 1/4 of the frame. Make sure you buy the small bells, if you are using a Dollar Tree frame, they come in 3 sizes.
- Put the back on your frame and close the tabs. Cut out a square of contact or card-stock to fit the back of the frame. I added this step because the frames had hard to remove tape on the back and left it looking terrible, so cover it up 🙂
- Add your sticker or stencil the words. I have a silhouette cameo, so I am able to make decals, but you can use a stencil, buy wording (available on etsy) or use a glass marker and write it on.
- You can add ribbon on the back to hang, a bow on the top, or leave it as is, your choice. That’s it !! This project cost me $2.00, since I had almost all of the supplies already. The Dollar Tree frames had small pom poms inside, just keep them for another project 🙂
This little picture was very easy to make and a lot of fun. Happy Holidays !!
♥ Sharing Is Caring ♥